Friday, January 4, 2013

Blend Power Packed Meals

Happy New Year!

Wishing you & yours a wonderful, healthy & enriching year ahead.

Unfortunately last year was somewhat difficult for me for various reasons but I am looing forward to improving with leaps & bounds this year.

One aspect of that is my rekindled faith in raw foods! I have always loved raw foods in my diet and have been through times where I have consumed a high raw diet. It is very powerful, cleansing and nourishing. This time around I am including much greater amounts of green foods - I like a mix of brassicas (I love asian greens in particular), Baby Spinach, Cos/Romaine lettuce and Rocket.

Due to some hypothyroid issues I generally have my brassicas steamed so as to denature the goiteragens. The rest I eat as leafy greens either plained or lightly dressed with lemon juice OR as a green smoothie.

I First got into raw food seriously for weight loss and health as a teenager (over 30 years ago). However, none of my reading materials back then talked about green smoothies. Shame really. Now I am making up for it. It is fantastic and I encourage you all to incorporate it into your life too! Check out the Blenders on the website here:

http://www.betweenskyandearth.com.au/store/pc/Blenders-c155.htm

We are expanding the Blenders on offer on the website ... and I hope that we will be able to add the fantastic Vitamix 5200 blender by the end of the month. This is the Rolls Royce of household blenders. Amazingly it comes with a 7 year warranty!

My other news for 2013 is I will commence studying Nutritional Medicine during Autumn. I am very excited. I f all goes to plan, I will work the qualification up to Naturopathy in a few years.

Be good to one another. Take care out there (we have a heatwave here),

KISS for Life,
Miriam.

No comments:

Post a Comment